ELECTIVE OFFICE: House of Representatives 2009, 2011; Elected to the Senate in November 2012.
LEGISLATIVE LEADERSHIP: Senate Republican Caucus Vice Chair 2013
STANDING COMMITTEES (2013-2014): Vice Chair of the Health Care, and Early Learning and K-12 Education Committees; Member of the Ways & Means, and Rules Committees
EDUCATION: University of Washington – M.S. in Engineering U.S. Naval Academy – B.S. in Ocean Engineering (graduated with distinction)
OCCUPATION: Small business owner and director of printing business in Pierce County
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT: Former Puyallup School Board Member, Young Life Mel Korum YMCA Advisory Council Member of Tacoma #8 Rotary Club Tacoma Goodwill Board of Directors Lighthouse Christian church member Good Samaritan Hospital Board of Directors University of Washington – Tacoma Advisory Board
- Jobs for Washington Graduates Award (2012)
- Friend of Children Award, Washington State PTA (2011)
- Legislative Hero, Washington State HVAC/R Association, Inc. (2011)
- “In the Bag” Award – Washington Food Industry Association (2010-11)
- Cornerstone Award, Association of Washington Business (2009-11)
- Guardian of Small Business Award, National Federation of Independent Business (2009-12)
- Pioneer Educator Award, Washington Families for Online Learning (2010)
- Outstanding Advocate Award, Puyallup PTA Council (2009)
- Local Hero Award, Bank of America Neighborhood Excellence Initiative (2007)
PERSONAL: A Pierce County native, Sen. Dammeier attended Curtis High School before going on to graduate with distinction from the U.S. Naval Academy and serve eight years as a Civil Engineer Corps Officer. While on active duty, he was deployed on humanitarian relief missions in the United States and across the world. At the conclusion of his military service, he returned to Washington State and became a dedicated community volunteer. Bruce, his wife of more than 25 years, Lauren, and their three sons live in Puyallup.